The list is quite funny all by itself, but check out the last line for that little nudge to make you burst out with laughter. Then think of a lumbering tam guy in a lungi.
* PAST-A!: Pedagogically Adaptive Scenarios for Training — Automated!
* CAN-DO: Cognitive Airborne Networks for Defense Operations
* IBOM (“I bomb”): Ionizing Brownout Mitigation System
* TEMATA (“T’mata”): Total Envelope Modeling Application for Transport Aircraft
* BNONA (“B’nana”): Broadband Non-Planar Octave Nested Array
* STURDI: Strain Gage Calibration Using Response to Dynamic Input
* FEAST: Framework for Enabling Adaptive Scenario Generation for Training
But this list — compiled by ace intern Zelda Roland — only begins to scratch the surface of the Most Awesomely Bad Military Acronyms (“MAMAs,” for short).